GET WELL SOON BADASS


Well the universe certainly knows how to put the boot firmly on the other foot sometimes eh? In return for all the worry that I have caused my friends and family over the Odyssey years, I have been dealt a taste of my own medicine - and it's not messing around.

How has this manifested itself? Well a good friend of mine back in the UK was hit by multiple strokes a week or so ago. He is only in his early thirties and (from what I understand) not in any high risk groups so this really is a bolt  from the blue.

As you can imagine, he has been in hospital since and was making good progress over the first few days, yet has had two further strokes whilst in hospital and has now had surgery to try to put an end to them and allow the doctors to gain some control.

My man has two particularly good reasons to fight as hard as possible and he has plenty of friends and family around him which I hope will give him all the support he needs to do so.


He was always very supportive of me during my treatment and it's a shame I can't be there in person now, but my Cambo crew here are aware and rooting for him, hoping that he can get his ass back home where he belongs sooner rather than later.

Anyway, as I told him, I've learnt my lesson now about how it feels to worry about someone you care about, so he should stop pretending and just go home because his work here is done!

Go on son, good luck and get well soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE CANCER ODYSSEY: PROGNOSES & BIRTHDAYS

HITTING SURVIVAL GOALS IS EASY IN A TIME VORTEX

HAPPY FREEDOM WEEK!